So you want to blog. But why?
“We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results.” … Says Herman Melville.
When you want to link your thoughts with others, when you like others to learn from you or others to make you learn … the good way is blogging. You have a thought on personal, business, or social … and you need know what’s others view on it. Blogging helps you to do this – you share your thoughts, and make others to share their views on their thoughts.
Read below, if you need a blog for you:
You need to choose the right blogging tool first, as all are not same, and all doesn’t provide the same. Most of them are Opensource scripts or free services, so you pay a little or nothing.
1. Hosted services:
If you want to start blogging right away, hosted services are the best bet. If you do not have your own hosting space, if you do not know how to install your own blog application, hosted services like blogger, Livejournal or Tyepad would be the right choice. You can straightaway register with them and start with them. Typepad charges a little as monthly fee but the others are free services.
2. Installable scripts:
You need more control with your blog, and want to host under your domain name (eg.blog.yoursitename.com) check with your hosting provider first. Many hosting solutions comes with some default preinstalled blog scripts – with their support manual you should be able to configure it easily.
If you do not like the installed scripts you should evaluate scripts like wordpress (PHP based), Movable type (Perl based), and install them in your server.
I personally recommend wordpress, Reasons:
1. Its free, ever.
2. PHP 4.x based, and most of the hosting supports this.
3. Easy to setup with simple mySQL setup. Again most of the hosting should support mySQL.
4. You do not need to be a big programmer to install, configure or change the designs which you like.
5. Hundreds of free themes are available – You have to just upload and enable/disable them.
6. Easy to configure plug-ins – which are additional features you would like
7. Easy to backup – just back up your database and keep a copy of your data
8. Good SPAM blocking (I like the plug-in akismat)
8. …and many.
We will post regular blogs on blogs, Visit here after some days to learn how a blog can help you promote your site business.
If you still prefer someone to get your blog ready for you, Just write us. We charge a minimal fee to make your own blog ready under your domain, contact us for more details. In 3 days you will get your blog ready to shout.