FIREBASE ANALYTICS INTEGRATION
Google has launched Firebase Analytics, a free and unlimited analytics solution. t is designed specifically for mobile apps.That means instead of focusing on page views, impressions or sessions, developers can see what users are doing inside the app, how paid advertising campaigns are performing with cross-network attribution and where users are coming from.
INSTALLING FIREBASE ANDROID SDK
- Create an android studio project.
- Go to Firebase website and sign in using Google account or create a new account.
- Create a Firebase project in the Firebase Console
- After project created, go to project dashboard and select “Add Firebase to your Android app” and enter application package name and debug SHA-1 fingerprint key and press “Add App”.
- Download google-services.json configuration file and copy this into your Android project’s module folder, typically app/ and include Google services plugin to load the configuration file.
- Add the dependency for Firebase Analytics to your app-level build.gradle file:
compile 'com.google.firebase:firebase-core:9.0.2' and perform gradle sync.
- Now in the Android Project, Open your Activity, intialize the FirebaseAnalytics object:
- Finally Log Events using the FirebaseAnalytics object. .
- Analytics Report can be view through the Firebase Console
The new Firebase works for Android and iOS as well as the Web, and is available today.