iBeacon is a technology by Apple that helps Businesses engage more effectively with potential customers on real-world.
Let us imagine a scenario:
I am a passionate canvas painting artist and a businessman. I have a shop named “Picasa” in the local mall. I have a collection of great paintings from some of the best artists across the world. I look out constantly to have a better and more effective engagement with my prospects and customers and delight them.
The following ways are what I would come up with:
- When a prospect enters the premises of the mall, I would like to engage with him by saying “Wall Hangings up to 50% off, Check out at Picasa, 203, Level 2, Phoenix Mall
- When a prospect is outside my shop, looking at the paintings on the display, I would like to engage with him by saying “Hello Chris, how are you doing today? May I show you some of the best pieces of art that I have
- When a prospect is inside my shop and looks at my exclusive spotlight painting – I would like to engage with him by saying “Do you know the history of this painting
- When a prospect selects a painting and at the Point of Sale, I would like to engage with him by saying “Would you like to buy these accessories that are on sale today
- When a customer moves out through the exit – I would like to engage with him by saying “Thank you, Have a nice day!!”
By now, it is obvious that the level of engagement is limited by my creativity, though the possibilities are numerous.
How iBeacon makes the difference?
iBeacon utilizes the Bluetooth low energy technology to establish a seamless connection with your Customer’s smartphone. Indoor positioning and iBeacon compliment each other to provide more accurate and efficient location awareness indoor when compared to any other technologies out there like GPS, Cellular triangulation, or wifi. iBeacons can tell the application whether the Customer has entered its region, far zone, near zone or is in the immediate zone.
The beacons are available as small sticker tags powered by coin size battery that can broadcast the signals to the smartphones. You can stick these iBeacons to the walls or to objects.
Create contexts around the messages and deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time. This is the key success criterion. However, if this fails the customer is annoyed and if it succeeds the customers are delighted.
Using the customers’ location awareness your iPhone/ iPad apps can have a rich digital interaction in the form of location-based marketing campaigns, enabling contactless payments, and performing customer in-shop analytics. Domains including retail, healthcare, logistics, fitness centers, event venues, museums, and much more are utilizing this technology.
iBeacon has the capability to ensure a reliable and consistent experience for customers. For more information about deploying devices read Getting Started with iBeacon .
Give your iPhone and iPad apps the power of Location Awareness with iBeacons and delight your customers. Good Luck!!
For further reading:
3. Like to get your iBeacon app done for your business? We at Macronimous can help.