Here is a simple tutorial on a Fireworks image effect technique. You might have seen or might have thought about creating a border around an image, and to make it little more catchy. There are many ways to do that but here, let us learn just two simple methods. Requirements: Fireworks MX, an image and few minutes of time.
1. Open the image in which you want to add a border
2. Select the image first; In the Properties section select Effects >Shadow and Glow > Inner Glow
3. Set the properties for the inner glow effect as below,
You get the following effect which you want,
4. Here I have made another image with a drop shadow effect, which will give you a photo in a Photo album effect.
I have set the color as white, since the image is of dark colors. Now try it. :-)
1. Open a new image, set the canvas color black ( Or the border color which want to be around the image). I have selected the image size as 2 pixels more then the picture size. In my case this is 102 X 153 in my case.
2. Import the picture by File > Import, this image size is 100 X 151, Place the image at the exact center of the image.
Now, :-) , You get the border. The Final Image is here,